Project duration: 01.01.2010 - 31.10.2013
The project "Advanced imaging system in diagnostics and health service" was funded by ENIAC JU (EU Framework 7 Programme) under Grant No. ENIAC 08-1-2011-0002. The goal of the research consortium was to develop new simultaneous multi-modal imaging systems, new types of PET sensors, high-performance brain signal processing systems and algorithms. The multichannel measurement system developed in the project increases the efficiency of the bioelectrical brain activity source localisation methods.
The specific tasks performed by the Centre for Medical Informatics Research & Development are:
- Bioelectrical imaging and source localisation in epilepsy research, estimation of the effects of model parameter errors in EEG based source localisation methods.
- Development of a visualisation software system supporting realistic head model based source localisation used for clinical trials in epilepsy treatment.
- Estimation of source localisation accuracy on spherical and realistic head models, identification of error sources.
- Development of an interactive source-localisation software (SOLO) that supports scalp and intracranial EEG electrodes as well.
- Clinical test results provided by the Dutch partner were be processed with the SOLO program.
- Foreign partners: ST Microeletronics (project coordinator), Philips Advanced Technologies, Philips Healthcare, AustriaMicroSystems, Guger Technologies OEG, MAT-TECH BV, Austrian Institute of Technology, Stichting IMEC-NL, Politecnico di Torino, University of Bologna, Kempenhaeghe Clinics
- Hungarian partners: University of Debrecen, MTA Atomki
The medical partner of the University of Pannonia is the National Institute for Neurosurgery.
Contact person: Istvan Vassanyi, PhD