Project Identifier: OTKA_A_08-2-2009-0052
Duration: 29.03.2010 - 31.08.2013
Contact Person: László Czúni, PhD, Associate Professor
- Hungarian Academy of Science
- University of Szeged
- Pázmány Péter Catholic University
Our Task in the Project
The main purpose of the project is to investigate the effect of noise, cluttering and other distortions in the area of machine vision based object recognition and analysis. We are to discover some special effects of the human visual system (HVS), on the other hand we are interested in the creation of such image processing and image analysis machine vision tools that utilize our knowledge about the HVS.
Main Results of the Research
- the effect of stereo display and vision on the fixation points of the human eye,
- new algorithms for trainable offline handwriting recognition for archive documents,
- a new method for the estimation of the surface cover of Earth using satellite images,
- motion detection in video, recorded by moving cameras.