Zsolt Vörösházi, PhD, Senior Lecturer
Considering industrial demands our laboratory is always carrying out comprehensive teaching, research, and project activities focusing on the following main fields: embedded systems, image-, signal processing, cellular-neural networks and applications. For the implementation tasks, and acceleration of algorithms special re-configurable computing FPGA platforms are utilized.
Our students may acquire both theoretical and practical knowledge in the following main subjects:
- Digital Circuits, Digital Systems and Computer Architectures,
- Designing FPGA-based Embedded Systems,
- HLS-, and HDL-based design methods on Programmable Logic Devices.
Through some laboratory tasks our students learn about the state-of-the-art programmable logic technology along with the integrated embedded system development-simulation-verification tools. Among the laboratory tools the market leader development environments (e.g. Xilinx ISE/EDK/SDK/Vivado/ChipScope etc.), simulation tools (Xilinx ISim, and ModelSim), and various HW platforms (Digilent Atlys, Nexys-2, Xilinx ML-506, NI CompactRio and their peripheral modules) can also be found.
- Embedded FW/SW developments for FPGAs collaborating in industrial tasks, and projects,
- Elaborating digital computing architectures on FPGAs: signal-, image-/video-processing,
- Cellular Neural Networks and their applications on re-configurable FPGA architectures,
- FPGA-based system design by utilizing embeddable/embedded soft/hard processor cores,
- Supporting HW development for Xilinx/Altera FPGA prototyping boards.
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences - Cellular Wave Computing Laboratory
- University of Szeged - Dept. of Information Technology
- Pazmany Peter Catholic University - Faculty of Information Technology
- Eutecus HU Ltd. - Embedded Systems for Video Analytics
Due to the framework TAMOP (Social Renewal Operational Programme) some unique tutorials and lecture notes have been elaborated, such as FPGA-based Embedded Systems, Digital Technics, High-Level Hardware Description Languages and their applications. In addition our former design implementations has been applied in industry, e.g. FPGA-based signal processing and aerial transmission system (VE-CoreTrade), comparison of gene sequences by FPGA acceleration (CompChem/Omixon), etc.