Project Identifier: EU FP7-ICT-2009-5.
Duration: 01.07.2010 - 30.06.2013
Contacts: János Schanda, DSc, Professor Emeritus; Ferenc Szabó, PhD, Senior Lecturer
- OSRAM GmbH - Germany
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors - Germany
- Siemens - Germany
- OSRAM SPA - Italy
- ST Microelectronics - Italy
- Lighting Presciptions Innovators - Spain
- Regent Lighting - Switzerland
- AALTO University - Finland
- L-UP - France
- University of Pannonia - Hungary
Development of high power, energy efficient LED light sources for home-, office- and shop lighting applications.
WP Structure of the Project
Our Task in the Project
- Development of optimal LED spectral power distributions for home environment,
- Leader of WP4 - Acceptance Studies
- Small scale experiments with tunable LED light sources. Visual experiments with small scale observation boxes.
- Summary of light source colour quality metrics from international literature, investigation of optimized spectra for different colour quality metrics.
- Selection of experimental spectra for 2nd phase, based on the results of small scale experiments.
- Real size experimental rooms (laboratories)
- Experiments with real size objects.
- Real size experimental laboratory, which is first in Europe, second in the world.
- Number of publications related to SSL4EU project: 13
- Optimized light source spectra for shop lighting.
- Evaluation of reflection spectra of textile samples.
- Investigation of colour fidelity, colour preference, feeling of contrast.